Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Meanwhile, on the work front

Lately I am absolutely addicted to the idea of working for myself.

It may have started with the idea that Hubby has a pretty sweet set-up. Working a fraction of the amount of hours for at least the same amount of pay? Yeah, he puts in late nights sometimes on projects, but I could do that too if it meant being my own boss and staying home with my bebes.

The thing that has held me back for so long from breaking free and doing my own thing is the worry about giving up stability: health insurance, a steady paycheck, 401k, etc..... But when I really think about it, surely health insurance can't be that hard to obtain; and even if I didn't know when or where my next project was coming from, I have the faith that it will. I feel like if I really threw my heart and soul into making it successful, it would be.

Top benefits in addition to being my own boss and making my own hours:
I'd get to stay home with my daughter and homeschool like I've always wanted to, PLUS, it leaves me free and open for new babies so I can be a stay-at-home mom......I want babies sooooo baaaaaaaddddddd.....

Every day I've been playing just a little bit more with the idea of putting in my notice to work. I'm thinking a nice long nine-month lead time is a perfect amount, given I could finish out the year and all our 2011/2012 projects...and plan a nine-month lead time for anything, or anyone, that should pop up.

No comments: