Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On the cosmic scale, I'm losing big-time.

So today I lost my dog, a $3000 check, and pretty much my mind. Each is still outstanding, leading me to wonder what's going on this week and if these are the bad things that euphemistically happen in threes, or if there's some more phenomenally bad karma coming my way.

It kinda started yesterday with a workday so stressful, I had a headache and developed spasms in my back from what was probably the tensed muscles. It was a day in which I briefly considered shutting my office door to cry, only to realize that taking a couple minutes to do that was a couple minutes taken away from the insane pile of work in front of me. (Plus, the red eyes would have given me away.)

Deep breaths...positive self-pep talk...one thing at a time...made it through the day, and on to a martini, a run, and cuddles with the kiddo and husband.

I just feel exhausted, burned out and overwhelmed right now, and the fact that my dog and my money is floating through the streets right now is too much to bear. The check has been canceled, but extenuating circumstances dictate that I won't get another until Saturday. My dog, on the other hand, is another story.

Much like the check that--in the short distance from my car to my front door--disappeared from the pile of papers in my hand, the dog pulled the same sudden vanishing act. Ironically, while I was on the same fruitless search of my yard, my car, and the streets surrounding my house.

I suspect there's a parallel between this and the perceived loss of control of my environment and emotions lately, but the real question is: How to get back on track? Because I really don't think I can take much more.

No comments: